Hello, Friday.

Posted by Amanda P on
Time sure seems to fly.

Time is an interesting thing. When you have no goals, time is scary. It looms and passes and sneaks away - leaving you with a heart full of "could haves" and a head full of "what ifs."

When you have goals, time is invigorating. With each passing moment, you feel full of the possibilities. Each moment is another moment to make decisions that will lead to that goal. You work harder, stronger, smarter and happier.

I'm going into my second weekend and thus getting ready to wrap up week 2 of my diet. It has really been great. I know I seemed a little cranky yesterday, but it was just honest. As great as it feels to be taking some action in my life, it's hard to forgive myself for mistakes I can't undo.

But I love to look back over the past couple of weeks and realize this life truth: You can't stop time from passing, but you can choose what you do with each moment. I am either going to gain weight or lose weight - it's up to me whether I use the days, and months, and years to turn into the person I want to be or if I let the time decide for me.

I choose goals. I choose me.

Food Journal:

Breakfast: Smoothie - 3-ounces low fat yogurt, 4 strawberries, 1 slice mango, 1/4 peach, 1/2 scoop protein powder, crystal light orange juice (200 cals)

Snack #1: 12 baby carrots and 1 pkg Carl Budig turkey (115 cals)

1 comments:

Dianne said...
October 22, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Beautifully said! Bravo! I may have to steal a couple of those quotes!