Busy Stovetop

Posted by Amanda P on
On my menu this week, my lunches ended up being a little more cooking heavy then I'm accustomed to, but for the last little while, lunch has been the weak link in my day. I either eat too little and end up starving for candy from the office candy jar by mid-afternoon, or I don't have anything planned so I run to the nearest fast food place and put my body into sodium shock. So, I turned to my trusty South Beach Diet Cookbooks and hunted from some delicious, easy lunch ideas.

I ended up with the following list for lunches: Almond Crusted Chicken (leftovers); Grilled Tomato, Garlic, and Feta Cheese Pizza, Vegetarian Chili with Avocado Salsa, Barley Risotto, and Edamame Salad.

Well, last night I was preparing dinner (South Beach Diet Shepherd's Pie) and simultaneously cooking the Risotto and Veggie Chili. Every burner and the oven were on. Phew. It was quite the multi-tasking. But, I'm happy to let you know that we will be having a delicious lunch break today!

3 days down...

Food Journal:

Breakfast: Parfait: Yogurt, 1/3 apple, Just Bunches cereal (120 cals)

Snack #1: Baby carrots (12) and cheese stick (115 cals)

Lunch: Brown Rice Risotto with Spinach and Parmesan (180 cals)

Snack #2: 1/8 cup Dry Roasted Wasabi Edamame and 1 6-ounce yogurt (150 cals)

Dinner: 1 Serving South Beach Diet Spinach Dumplings (290 cals)

Snack #3: Air popped popcorn (150 cals)

Total calories: 1045

2 comments:

Jes Humrich said...
October 14, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Your lunches sound so yummy!

Thanks for all the encouragement!

Dianne said...
October 14, 2010 at 3:45 PM

I love it when I'm running on all burners ... and it sounds like you do, too!

Keep those burners going and be kind to yourself! Which translated means: Be kind to yourself and call your mother!

Oh yeah!~