The Big Three

Posted by Amanda P on
Welcome to Weigh-in, Day One.

The result? 3 pounds lost! Not too shabby. Honestly, I was hoping for a little more given that it is the first week of the diet and all that jazz. However, having said that, I'm thrilled with a three pound loss and won't complain for one second!

I've still got a long way 'til my goal, though, so I'm going to keep on going strong.

Today is the day I need to write my menu and my shopping list. I'll share the highlights with you tomorrow.

Suggestion: For a satisfying sweet treat, try freezing your favorite yogurt flavor. You will feel like you are eating frozen yogurt at home, while keep the calories low. (Try to only freeze it for 3-4 hours. I froze mine overnight and it took about 10 minutes to thaw enough to spoon through).

Food Journal:

Breakfast: Smoothie - 6 strawberries, 3-ounces low fat yogurt, 1/2 scoop protein powder, crystal light orange juice, splenda (250 cals)

Snack #1: 12 Baby Carrots and a cheese stick (115 cals)

Lunch: Grilled Tomato, Garlic and Feta Cheese Pizza (210 cals)

Snack #2: 1/4 cup edamame and 1 6-ounce "frozen yogurt" (150 cals)

Dinner: Subway egg and cheese on english muffin (230 cals)

Snack #3: Microwave Popcorn and 1/2 protein bar (230 cals)

Total Calories: 1185

3 comments:

Dianne said...
October 18, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Congrats on a great week! Be careful not to let that calorie count fall too much. It can make your body hold on to poundage instead of sending it into the atmosphere for others to absorb!

Keep it up!

Jes Humrich said...
October 18, 2010 at 10:33 AM

YAY. Good Job. Thanks for all the motivation you've been for me.

Lindsay said...
October 18, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Great job! I will have to try the yogurt. Sounds yummy!