Week Two

Posted by Amanda P on
And so begins week two of the 30 day challenge. Clearly things are going smoothly thus far. My weight was up a tad this morning, but that's the normal fluctuations.

I planned my grocery list for the week. Monday is shopping night. I'm excited about some of the meals I'll be making this week (courtesy of the South Beach Diet cookbook). Some highlights are Barley Risotto, Provolone Chicken Melt and Veggie Chili (lunches - made the chili last week and it was to die for); Carribean Baked Chicken with Mango and Pizza Meat Pie (dinners). The snack basket will be refilled with bell peppers, edamame, radishes, cheese sticks, yogurt, dried fruit, and roasted garbanzo beans. I will be buying new, full and delicious kettle corn popcorn seasoning and spray butter. Sounds like a good week to be eating at the Parker household.

Last week is was so fun to find creative ways to get active with Geoff. Our weekend was packed full of biking, racquetball, dog-walking and all kinds of fun ways to get up and get out.

Exercise Report: Sunday Geoff and I took a nice 45 minute bike ride. My body was killing me after racqetball and racing on the stationary bikes the day before, so he went out for some more biking in the evening, but I decided to give my body a rest. Today we plan to bike in the evening, but it looks like it might rain, so we'll go play racquetball at the Y if the weather prevents us from biking.

P.S. To answer C's comment from my previous post: My body REALLY loves exercise. My body also REALLY loves water retention. A full week of regular cardiovasular exercise coupled with a full week cooking all my own meals (therefore taking in about a billion times less salt and sugar) means my body will drop a lot of weight - fast. Things should slow down a little bit after the first two weeks, but I love to watch the numbers fly those first couple!

1 comments:

Dianne said...
April 12, 2010 at 7:17 PM

I love to hear you sounding motivated and active and happy. That's my girl.

The other one? She's your Dad's.