Wasted!

Posted by Amanda P on
I was reviewing some of my old photos the other day and I realized something. I have wasted so much time in my life worrying about my weight. In every photo I looked at...I remember the time when it was taken...and I remember thinking "boy, I feel fat" or "boy, I look fat in that photo" or "man, I wish I looked more like I did in that photo."

It reminded me of a quote on a magnet I came across at some kitschy shop in the Mall of America.
What a waste! It's going to take some effort - but I'm going to learn how to be happy. Regular exercise, healthy eating, occasional indulgences are going to turn me into a lean, happy gal. While counting days and minutes exercised and tracking my weight loss is vital to the success of reaching a healthy weight - I am done worry about numbers.

Looking at each picture I could tell you how much I weighed in that photo. Ridiculous! Because, you know what? It doesn't matter. I have some amazing memories at all weights. It's about being healthy and comfortable (and, yes, there is a number associated with that - but it's not the number I thought it would be). Finally.

I'm feeling good about things today. Strong. Confident. Maybe it helps that the number on the scale was down. :-)

Exercise Report: Geoff and I went golfing last night, so that brought my total exercise for the day to 80 minutes. I got up to take a long bike ride this morning, but about 1/8 mile from the apartment - my front tire popped! I jogged back to the apartment with my bike and walked the dogs while hub fixed up the tire. So, the hour long bike ride turned into a 25 minute bike ride with a 15 minute dog walk and a 5 minute jog. Oh, well, that's still 45 minutes! I'll find the other 15 before the day is over.

1 comments:

Dianne said...
April 7, 2010 at 7:01 PM

Amen! Preaching to the choir. Which is funny because as you know, the choir is not "large".

Yeah, whatever. BUT a question looms: Is golfing actually exercise? Watching the folks behind my house makes me wonder ...