Saran Wrapped Ham Shanks

Posted by Amanda P on
Two things you need to know about me before you read the rest of this post:

1) For years, now, I have affectionately referred to my thighs as my ham shanks. They are truly my #1 "problem area."

2) I am not a "big" person. I am between 5'6" and 5'7" and about a size 8 (or 10) depending on the brand and my goal weight should put me somewhere around a 4-6.

Okay, so on Monday, Husband and I went to TJ Max. For the record, we LOVE TJ's...and Ross...and pretty much anywhere you can find a good deal. But, I digress. I found a pair of exercise pants for $10. And, since you can never have enough exercise clothes, I snatched them up. I didn't feel like going through the hassle of trying them on, so I just grabbed a LARGE and figured that would be fine.

I got home and went to put them on...and, lo and behold, it was like wearing saran wrap. Especially over my shanks. And these were the larges. I thought for sure I'd be safe.

Nonetheless, the rest of the night at the gym, I kept turning to my gym bud (Steph) and whispering to her, "I'm SO aware of my pants right now."

I had a little Kim Kardashian going on, if you know what I mean.

As far as my goals for the week go, I'm doing really well. Sticking to the meal plan 100%. Although I hate the crackers I bought...but I paid good money for them, so I will be eating them. I went to the gym last night and did weight-lifting. So that's 2 of my 4 (required) days down with 1 of the 2 days of weights down. I haven't been so good about the card writing thing. I'm hoping to catch up tonight. I haven't missed a walk with my dogs in the morning yet...and they are starting to really get excited about it in the morning. And, lastly, I have not bought any food since my grocery shopping on Monday. Hazahh!

P.S. I got asked to be a MODEL today. More on that in my next post. ha!

0 comments: