Drop Zone

Posted by Amanda P on
I was looking through some photos yesterday that I have compiled over that last 5 years or so. And I've realized one thing: a weight loss yo-yo doesn't even begin to describe the struggles I have had.

I think it's more like this ride I used to ride at Great America in California called Drop Zone (there's a version of this everywhere), but you start at the bottom, excited and ready to go. This is how I feel at my lowest weights. Proud that I had the courage to get there, ready for what's coming next. Then, the ride slowly begins to climb, as does my weight. Until I finally reach the top and I'm looking around nervous and just wishing I was back on the ground again. So, in a matter of months, whooooosh, I'm back down. Ready to start the whole cycle over again.

Luckily, my weight has never gotten really out of control, but a 30 pound swing every year is too much to handle emotionally. I'm hoping that I can keep my feet on the ground after I get to my goal this time.

As far as my goals for the week, things are going really well. I'm excited for my weigh-in tomorrow...although I am retaining a little water since it's...well...that time of the month.

Check in tomorrow to see if I've made any progress. If not, I'll keep chugging along!

2 comments:

Dianne said...
September 17, 2009 at 3:13 PM

Maybe you can start looking at "Drop Zone" as a positive thing. Drop the things that cause you pain. Drop the unrealistic expectations. And drop the pounds safely.

Boy that sounds easy.

Stephanie said...
September 17, 2009 at 9:13 PM

I admire you so much!

You totally got this dude!