Denial

Posted by Amanda P on
Well, after months of misplaced denial, I'm back at square one on the weight loss wagon. I stepped on the scale this morning to an ugly scene.

I took a brief moment to mourn the loss of my short-lived svelt figure and then allowed the full reality of the 30 pound gain to sink in.

But, it's okay. You know why? I have meal-planned and exercise-planned and before the summer can make it to my door, I'm gonna kick that 30 pound's butt.

This week I have planned a plethora of healthy, easy dinners including pistachio crusted chicken, stuffed butternut squash and Thai chicken. During the day I'm doing Slim Fast powdered drinks for 2 weeks.

I'd really like to sit around and be embarrassed about all the weight I've gained (but let's be honest, the sitting around is what got me here in the first place) and hate my clothes - but that would not make them fit again. So, here I am, putting myself out there. Accountable to you, reader(s). Keep me honest, will ya?

3 comments:

Dianne said...
March 1, 2010 at 2:41 PM

I'm proud of you sweetie. Really! Account to me anytime.

I can't wait to hear all about your success.

Lindsay said...
March 1, 2010 at 4:18 PM

Good Luck! When I am done with this whole pregnancy thing, we should make a plan to be accountable to each other. If I don't have someone to check in on me, I so don't eat like I am supposed to!

And let me know how your healthy dinners are. I am always looking for healthy recipes to try.

Mari said...
March 1, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Pistachio crusted chicken sounds delicious! You need to give me the recipe. Good luck with your new plans! I'll be cheering for you =)