One of these days...

Posted by Amanda P on
The salad for lunch is prepped and packed. The veggies for the breakfast fritatta are chopped. The chicken for tomorrow's Chicken with Lime Sauce for dinner is defosting in the fridge. The snack veggies are cut and sectioned into individual serving sizes. The roasted garbanzo beans are cooling on the stove.

This chick is ready for change.

I came to a decision this weekend that I was done letting my neighbors below me bully me out of exercising. Hold that thought, I'm not going to start being a crappy neighbor and work out on my treadmill anyway. The treadmill is going back (and yes, in the Merc). :(

I will be trading it out for a membership at the Y. Right down the street from Geoff's work is a great YMCA with a great cardio studio and weight room, group exercise classes, rock climbing wall, indoor skate park, video game room, and basketball. Plus, two tennis courts right outside.

The downtown Y has 2 pools, raquetball and a couple additional features.

So, as soon as the treadmill gets returned, we'll take the cash and head over to the Y and start going in the mornings before work.

I need it. Exercise makes me feel better in so many ways. So, I'm done neglecting it. Mostly by removing the excuses. If it's too easy to put it off, then something's got to change.

And change it will.

0 comments: