Sweet Holy...Potatoes

Posted by Amanda P on
Well, day one went pretty well and day two is off to a good start. I went grocery shopping last night and got everything I need for a week filled with delicious dinners and healthy snacks.

Last night I cooked up a pot of Sweet Potato Garlic Soup. It was super (souper?) easy, and turned out really great, I think. Just sweet potatoes, onion, roasted garlic, green beans and chicken broth. It made for a nice creamy, slightly sweet soup. I topped it off with a swirl of unsweetened Greek yogurt and some chives. Yum!

I didn't exercise yesterday, which is the real killer, but by the time I finished my grocery shopping, cooked up the soup and ate...it was almost 9pm. And, being on the third story, I didn't want to disturb the downstairs neighbors. I should be able to get finished a lot earlier tonight and therefore get my workout on.

I did buy a few $3 shirts while I was at Walmart grocery shopping - and they are pretty cute. Surprisingly enough.

One day down...

1 comments:

Dianne said...
March 2, 2010 at 8:58 PM

Oh! I recognize that bowl. I have eaten Bob's Mighty Tasty Gluten-free Hot Cereal in that bowl! And the spoon! It makes me homesick to see you.

Oh ... and the soup looks delicious. On to day number two!