I'm Will Go Far

Posted by Amanda P on
or to Fargo...

Well, day one in Fargo has been good. The training was great, I'm feeling really good.

On the plane ride here, I read a book my best friend gave me for my birthday called, "Feel the Fear...And Do it Anyway."

It was extremely eye-opening for me and really focused on that dreaded control word. Only, it wasn't about reliquishing control, it was about taking it. About realizing that no matter what events happen in life, I control how I respond to it. And I have the choice between acting like a victim or taking control.

It has helped me with food today. A couple of times I was tempted to make bad food choices, but I was able to use some of the techniques in the book to remind myself that I have the power NOT to choose to eat. That I control my actions and I control how I respond to stress in my life.
This evening I went down to the hotel gym and got a nice workout. Tonight I'm going to take a warm bath and go to bed early.

And when I get back into town Friday morning, I hope to make a log in the weight loss ticker!

1 comments:

Dianne said...
October 27, 2009 at 10:39 PM

I've got to read that book! I'm glad that things are going so well. Enjoy your little "getaway" from real life. We all need it once in awhile.

By the way, I'm interested in what type of "log" you're going to make on the weight loss ticker.

EEEW.