M.I.A.

Posted by Amanda P on
Oops...it's been a little while since I blogged.

Usually this means I'm completely off course...and this time is somewhat of an exception. I'm not 100% on track like I should be, but mostly I'm just wicked busy!

Which is also the reason I'm somewhat veering from the track of dieting righteousness. Not only is it nearly impossible to cook for myself (or the hubster) when there's no time, but it's so much easier to eat crappy. Moreover, I'm a stress eater, so the time crunches and the lack of time to do REAL crunches makes for a girl apt to eat.

And, food has become such an emotional thing for me now, that it's really hard to eat something without feeling emotional...which just means I shove more in my mouth. If I could just eat ONE serving, I'd be fine. Alas, I'm stuck with the whole "enchilada," so-to-speak.

So, I guess what I'm looking for is some encouragement. Between the stress on one side, the guilt on the other, and my shrinking clothes mocking me from the closet, I'm feeling a little run down. What can I do to jump-start the weight loss so I can feel successful and motivated?

Special K Diet for two weeks? Slim Fast? Some sort of :::coughcoughstupid::: cleanse? I'm pretty much willing to try anything at this point. I just need to feel like it's possible to succeed. I'm stuck in that self-loathing part of the diet cycle.

1 comments:

Dianne said...
October 13, 2009 at 5:35 PM

I think it's time for affirmations. I respect (greatly) your desire to lose weight, but I think that goal needs to be secondary to meeting your emotional needs. Call me. We'll figure it out!

XOXO