Depressing Breakfast

Posted by Amanda P on
So, my life is kind of a shambles right now. Each room in my house is full of boxes. Most of them are open now, gaping at me, ready to spit out all the CRAP that is in them. All the CRAP I just want to throw away, but know I actually want and actually use, I just can't imagine WHY.

So, anyway, given the current state of things, I haven't had a decent meal in days. This morning was no exception. We're running out of the house at the last minute and, par for the course this week, I stop in at the Cheetah Mart by work to grab a Diet Dew. I ate my last yogurt yesterday, so I have to hunt down something in the Mart for breakfast. I peruse the dairy area looking for something high protein and low cal. I find the winner. Muscle Milk Light. I read the bottle. 20 grams of protein: excellent. Less than 200 calories: perfecto.

As I'm drinking said muscle milk, I read the bottle. It says, "If you enjoy feeling dull, overweight and lethargic put this bottle down and pick up that donut and prepare to cry yourself to sleep on the couch again..."

Seriously? I think my breakfast just made me depressed.

Hope your Friday is great!

Food Journal:

Breakfast: Muscle Milk Light, chocolate flavored (170 cals)

Snack #1: 12 carrots and Carl Budig sliced turkey (125 cals)

Lunch: Progresso Light Santa Fe Chicken soup and 1/4 protein bar (200 cals)

Snack #2: 1/4 cup edamame and 1 6-ounce low fat yogurt (130 cals)

2 comments:

Dianne said...
November 5, 2010 at 10:39 AM

Promise me that you will go to the store! Go during lunch if you have to. You're going too strong and too hard to go without taking care of yourself.

Amen.

P.S. Everything looks like crap in a box. It'll look better cluttering up the bookcase or the end tables. Ha!

Lindsay said...
November 6, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Muscle milk is kinda mean.